Southern Indiana grows companies. Companies grow southern Indiana.
1si is committed to establishing a vibrant and prosperous economy through its award-winning economic development program.
Working one-on-one with both new and existing businesses, 1si’s team of expert economic development professionals works diligently in assisting our members and clients. Using a strategic and methodical approach, we find effective solutions to business challenges and use economic development tools to help businesses reach their growth potential.
1si has one of the most successful economic development track records in the Midwest, with 130 projects brought to fruition since mid-2006. Our work with local businesses has resulted in proven market share growth, job creation, new capital creation and tax revenues. 1si has been acknowledged for its work by the Mid-America Economic Development Council, International Economic Development Council, Business First of Louisville and the Indiana Chamber Executives Association.
Becoming an investor in Clark or Floyd Counties:
- Has a direct impact on the local economy through one of the most successful economic development programs in the Midwest.
- Helps fund the only professionally-staffed and state-recognized regional economic development program serving Clark and Floyd Counties.
- Provides leadership on economic development initiatives that create new opportunities for local businesses to grow market share.
- Improves community development through job creation, higher incomes and new capital investment.
- Provides a proven Return on Investment (ROI) of over $176.96 in new capital for every $1.00 invested and $73.84 in new annual payroll.