We’re your business’s biggest cheerleaders.
From your office to the Oval Office, One Southern Indiana wants to promote positive change by serving as the “Champions of Ideas” to achieve economic and business vitality for the region. Additionally, we strive to provide access to policy makers at all levels of government through forums, round-tables and one-on-one meetings. Through our Advocacy Council, we encourage and support legislation that promotes business growth and enhances the competitive edge of Southern Indiana.
- To provide at least six separate opportunities for members to gain access to their elected officials
- To distribute a position statement and report card on each idea 1si champions
- To facilitate and assist in one significant public community of infrastructure project annually
- To conduct at least one educational event annually
- To host at least one business round-table event on advocacy positions
2016-2017 Advocacy Council
Ms. Lourdes Baez, Baptist Health
Jim Baker, Baker Commercial Real Estate
Kevin Boehnlein, Edward Jones Investments
Wendy Dant Chesser, One Southern Indiana
Jenny Eggenspiller, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
Bill Green, Hilliard Lyons
Pat Harrison, RE/MAX One
Michael Killen, Commerce Bank
Kent Lanum, Paul Ogle Foundation
Riggs Lewis, Norton Healthcare
Jason Lopp, McNeely Stephenson
Wesley Martin, Martin Financial Group
Andrew McCart, Purdue Polytechnic New Albany, Purdue University
Pepper Mulherin, AT&T Indiana
Dale Orem, Wesbanco Bank, Inc.
Bob Owings, Owings Patterns Inc.
Bruce Paul, Stites & Harbison, PLLC
Barbara Popp, Schuler Bauer Real Estate Services
Charlie Smith, Building & Development Association of Southern Indiana
Bryan Wickens, MAC Construction & Excavating, Inc.
Doug York, Rodefer Moss & Co., PLLC